Health, Safety & Environment
The Sol Group’s commitment to Health & Safety is paramount within the company’s objectives and daily activities to ensure a sound environment for employees and customers.
At Sol we are all committed to:
- Establishing a safe workplace in pursuing the goal of no harm to people.
- Integrating health and safety in workplace activities.
- Protecting the environment and its biodiversity.
- Using material and energy efficiently to provide our products and services.
- Managing security risk.
- Promoting a culture in which all Sol employees and contractors share this commitment.
- Playing a leading role in promoting best practice in our industry.
The achievement of these goals are guided by specific policies and procedures which assess the diverse environment in which the company operates
Our strong emphasis on safety training sets the guidelines for specific behaviours and procedures to be followed by our workforce.
In Suriname, Sol holds the ISO 9001:2008 certification under their Quality Management System. Customer focus and continued improvement on performance to ensure the company’s products and services comply with agreed specification, are the main principles to guide this system.
The dedication to health and safety within the Sol Group is channeled through our employees’ strong corporate safety culture and a goal to maintain the highest industry standards in the areas of health, safety and the environment.